Bachelor of Technology in Food Science
The basic admission requirement shall be the minimum entry requirements set for entry into the public universities, which is at least an average grade of C+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
In addition, applicants are expected to have obtained at least a grade C+ in each of the cluster subjects
- Mathematics , Mathematics Alt.A or Alt.B /Physics/Geography
- English/Kiswahili/Any Group II Subject /Any Group III Subject/Any Group IV subject./Any Group V Subject
- KCSE Subject Grouping
- Group I: English, Kiswahili, Mathematics, Mathematics Alt.A or Alt.B
- Group II: Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Biology for blind, General Science
- Group III: History and Government, Geography, Christian, Islamic or Hindu Religious Education
- Group IV: Home Science, Art and Design, Agriculture, Woodwork, Metalwork, Building Construction, Power Mechanics, Electricity, Drawing and Design, Aviation Technology, Computer Studies
- Group V: French, German, Arabic, Kenyan Sign Language, Music, Business Studies
A-Levels or Equivalent
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) principal passes in Chemistry and Biology and a subsidiary level pass in Mathematics/Physics with credit pass in English at O-Level.
Diploma (TEP) or Equivalent
Applicants with Diploma (Technical Education Programmes) in Nutrition and Dietetics ,Diploma in Food and Beverage Production and Service, Diploma in Laboratory Technology, Diploma in Food Technology or an equivalent qualification.
Diploma in Technology (Dip.Tech.) or Equivalent
Applicants with a (Dip.Tech.) in Nutrition and Dietetics of Kenya Polytechnical University or an equivalent qualification shall be exempted from year 1 and 2 of the study program. The applicant shall be allowed to join the course in the third year of study, except that they shall be required to take any courses of study in the first year of study on the program that they might have not covered in their earlier course of study to the satisfaction of Senate. Any extra courses to be taken to fulfill this requirement may be taken during a preliminary or a regular semester as the Senate may approve.
Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) or Equivalent
Applicants with a (H.Dip.) in Food and Beverage Production and Service, Higher Diploma in Laboratory Technology, Higher Diploma in Food Technology of Kenya Polytechnical University or an equivalent qualification
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or Equivalent
Applicant with a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree Biological Sciences or an equivalent qualification