Bachelor of Technology in Industrial & Applied Biology
Candidates shall be eligible for admission into the Bachelor of Technology in Applied Biology degree in the School of Pure and Applied Science and Technology in the following categories:
The basic admission requirement shall be the minimum entry requirements set for entry into the public universities, which is at least an average grade of C+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
In addition, candidates are expected to have obtained at least a grade C+ in each of the cluster subjects in following cluster of subjects in KCSE examinations:
- Cluster Subjects
- Physics/any Group III/any Group IV/any Group V.
- KCSE Subject Grouping
- Group I: English, Kiswahili, Mathematics
- Group II: Biology, Physics, Chemistry
- Group III: History and Government, Geography, Christian Religious Education, Islamic Religious Education, Hindu Religious Education
- Group IV: Home Science, Art and Design, Agriculture, Aviation Technology, Computer Studies
- Group V: French, German, Arabic, Music, Business Studies
A-Levels or Equivalent
Candidates should have a minimum of two (2) principal passes in Biology and Chemistry and a subsidiary level pass in Mathematics and General Paper
Diploma (TEP) or Equivalent
Candidates with a Diploma in Applied Biology, Science laboratory Technology, Biotechnology /Medical Laboratory sciences, Pharmacy Food technology, Nutrition and Dietetic management, Industrial Microbiology, Biochemistry, analytical and Industrial chemistry of Kenya Polytechnical University or an equivalent qualification.
Diploma in Technology or Equivalent
Candidates with a Diploma of Technology (Dip. Tech.) in Applied Biology or equivalent qualification