Bachelor of Technology in Science Laboratory Technology
The basic admission requirement shall be the minimum entry requirements set for admission into public universities, which is at least an average grade of C+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
In addition, applicants are expected to have obtained at least a grade C+ in each of the following cluster subjects:
- Mathematics Alt. A, Mathematics Alt. B OR Physics
- ANY Group III/any Group IV/any Group V.
- KCSE Subject Grouping
- Group I: English, Kiswahili, Mathematics Alt. A OR Mathematics Alt. B
- Group II: Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Biology for blind, General Science
- Group III: History and Government, Geography, Christian Religious Education, Islamic Religious Education, Hindu Religious Education
- Group IV: Home Science, Art and Design, Agriculture, Woodwork, Metalwork, Building construction ,Power mechanics, Electricity , Drawing and design, Aviation Technology ,Computer Studies
- Group V: French, German, Arabic, Kenyan Sign Language, Music, Business Studies
A-Levels or Equivalent
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) principal passes in Biology AND Chemistry, a subsidiary level pass in Mathematics OR Physics, AND a credit pass in English at O-Level.
Diploma (Technical Education Programmes) or Equivalent
Applicants with TEP diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology of Kenya Polytechnical University OR equivalent qualification.
Diploma in Technology (Dip.Tech.) or Equivalent
Applicants with diploma in Technology in Medical Laboratory Technology of Kenya Polytechnical University OR equivalent qualification.
Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) or Equivalent
Applicants with Higher Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology of Kenya Polytechnical University OR equivalent qualification.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or Equivalent
Applicants with Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Biological Sciences OR equivalent qualification.