SATUK 2014/2015 Elections
To all aspiring candidates
NOTE: The deadline must be observed and no action after the deadline will be considered.
- Kindly obtain nomination papers by filling online forms, printing and submitting to various offices as indicated on the forms (forms II- VII). The online forms should be accessed through the student portal (portal.tukenya.ac.ke).( to download from 5th September 2014)
- Returning of duly completed (form I) nomination papers to Director, Student Support Services office on or before 12th September, 2014 at 10.00 a.m. and forms (II- VII) to be returned by respective schools.
- Vetting of candidates by electoral committee on 17th September, 2014 and their names pinned on the notice boards on 19th September, 2014
- Congress to be dissolved by Chairman on 25th September, 2014 (two weeks before elections)
- 1st October,2014 – All aspirants will be addressed by Deputy Vice chancellor – ARS in the Main Hall from 3.00 p.m. ( Only Aspirants)
- The TUK Great Debate: Venue – Main Hall on 7th October, 2014 at 2.30pm for only aspirants vying for Chairman, Deputy Chairman and Secretary General.
- Campaigns on 2nd October, 2014 to 8th October, 2014 during the day (Main Campus - Red Square) not at the Administration Block or out of Campus premises.
- The Students’ Council shall consist of:
- Deputy Chairman
- Secretary General
- Finance Secretary
- Academic Secretary
- Constitutional Affairs Secretary
- Special Needs Secretary
- Gender Secretary
- Social Welfare Secretary
- Sport Secretary
- 15 School Representatives [male and female in each school]
- Hostel Representatives
- Election Venue - [As per school] and Mode of voting – Secret ballot.
- Venue for Hostel Representatives ( Respective hostels from 6.00a.m)
- Date and Time of voting – 9th October 2014 from 6.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
- Candidates agents – One (1) agent per candidate per polling station and whose name must be submitted in Form II to the Director, Student Support Services office by 30th September, 2014 for accreditation.
- Voters – All bona fide members i.e. students who are fully paid up members of the union and hold an original university Identity Card.
- Ballot papers will be issued to the voters on the Election Day.
- Counting of votes will commence immediately the voting is completed at 5.00 p.m.
- Witnessing of vote counting will be by one agent per candidate per polling station.
- Declaration of results will be done immediately the vote counting is completed at the polling station.
- Final election results will be done by the Returning Officer after tallying, at the Red Square.
Friday 10th October, 2014- Swearing in ceremony of newly elected officials will be presided over by the Vice Chancellor- Lecture Theatre at 10.00 a.m.
ELECTORAL BOARD/ DIRECTOR, STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
TO ASPIRING CANDIDATES
You are notified that we are preparing for SATUK elections on Thursday, 9th October 2014. Be informed that you should not put any of campaign materials, portraits, and writings on walls, except on designated places (NOTICEBOARDS). Candidates who do not adhere by the above will be automatically be disqualified from the race. Aspirants are advised to use their agents to monitor placement of campaign materials.
Dr Ndikaru - Director, Student Support Services [DSSS]