SATUK 2015/2016 General Elections
Thursday, October 8, 2015 - 09:45
- THE DEADLINE MUST BE OBSERVED AND NO ACTION AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL BE CONSIDERED
- ALL CANDIDATES SHOULD OBSERVE ARTICLE 13(D): QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES FOR ELECTION.
- Kindly obtain nomination papers by filling online forms, printing and submitting to various offices as indicated on the forms (forms II- VII). The online forms should be accessed through the student portal (portal.tukenya.ac.ke).
(To download from 8th September 2015).
- Returning of duly completed (form I) nomination papers to Director, Student Support Services office on or before Thursday 17th September, 2015 at 10.00 a.m. and forms (II- VI) to be returned by respective schools on the same date.
- Vetting of candidates by electoral committee from 18th September, 2015 and their names pinned on the notice boards on 21st September, 2015.
- Congress to be dissolved by the Speaker through a motion tabled by the Chairman two weeks before elections on 18th September, 2015 )
- Thursday 1st October,2015 – All aspirants will be addressed by Deputy Vice chancellor – ARS in the Main Hall from 3.00 p.m. ( Only Aspirants)
- The TUK Great Debate: Venue – Main Hall on Wednesday 7th October, 2015 at 2.30pm for only aspirants vying for Chairman, Deputy Chairman and Secretary General.
- Campaigns begin on Monday 28th Sept, 2015 to Thursday 6th October, 2015 during the day (Main Campus - Red Square) not at the Administration Block or out of Campus premises.
- The Students’ Council shall consist of:
- Deputy Chairman
- Secretary General
- Finance Secretary
- Academic Secretary
- Constitutional Affairs Secretary
- Special Needs Secretary
- Gender Secretary
- Social Welfare Secretary
- Sport Secretary
- 15 School Representatives [male and female in each school]
- Hostel Representatives
- Election Venue - [As per school] and Mode of voting – Secret ballot.
- Venue for Hostel Representatives ( Respective hostels from 6.00a.m)
- Date and Time of voting – Thursday 8th October 2015 from 6.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
- Candidates agents – One (1) agent per candidate per polling station and whose name must be submitted in Form II to the Director, Student Support Services office by 30th September, 2015 for accreditation.
- Voters – All bona fide members i.e. students who are fully paid up members of the union and hold an original university Identity Card.
- Ballot papers will be issued to the voters on the Election Day.
- Counting of votes will commence immediately the voting is completed at 5.00 p.m.
- Witnessing of vote counting will be by one agent per candidate per polling station.
- Declaration of results will be done immediately the vote counting is completed at the polling station.
- Final election results will be announced by the Returning Officer after tallying, at the Red Square.
Friday 9th October, 2015- Swearing in ceremony of newly elected officials will be presided over by the Vice Chancellor- Lecture Theatre at 10.00 a.m.
ELECTORAL BOARD/ DIRECTOR, STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES